Actions of Compassion
As the holidays draw near, remember those in need. Consider these suggestions and then share about your experiences:
- Clean up the yard of an elderly couple.
- Tutor at an elementary school that needs volunteers.
- Baby-sit for a parent who needs to do some shopping.
- Call shut-ins to chat, visit, or run errands.
- Volunteer at a food or clothing bank.
- Volunteer as a family at a local Catholic Worker house.
- Visit a nursing home.
- Conduct a school or parish clothing or food drive.
- Volunteer at a literacy organization to teach English as a Second Language.
Adapted from Michael Pennock, Catholic Social Teaching, Ave Maria Press
ARISE Together in Christ participants at The Boston Home