We have a great opportunity for six people this summer.
North St. Louis County Habitat for Humanity has secured the ability to host six AmeriCorps Emergency Response Initiative members this summer from June 8th to August 15th. The position will be for 35 hours per week for 10 weeks and pay a total stipend of $3250 plus an educational award-scholarship of $1289. That is a total of $4539 for the summer!
The AmeriCoprs Members will be working on our Habitat construction sites all summer. Construction work will follow proper COVID-19 safety protocols.
Applicants must be 18 years or older. This would be a great opportunity for anyone. It is not limited to students. You also could apply...
The application needs to be in by May 20th so now is the time to apply without delay!
When you apply, select “Habitat for Humanity” and then “North St. Louis County – Virginia” as the Service Site Location.
Please let Nathan Thompson, executive director of North St. Louis County Habitat for Humanity know if you are thinking to apply or have questions about the position. Email at email@example.com
or call 218-749-8910
- Provide support to construction site supervisor
- Assist site supervisor with preparing the work site for daily construction activities
- Review plans with site supervisor to determine required materials and tools
- Perform various construction tasks as assigned by site supervisor, while building cooperatively with volunteers and homeowners.
Give your time as an AmeriCorps member and you’ll receive the following perks
- Living stipend of $650 once every two weeks
- Eligible for a Segal Education Award* of $1,289.95 *Segal AmeriCorps Education Award can be used to pay tuition or repay qualified student loans. Individuals 55+ may gift their award to their child, grandchild, stepchild or foster child.
- Individual Health Insurance — Monthly Premium 100% Covered
- Child Care Assistance — Based on Family Size and Income
- Federal student loan forbearance
What it Takes
Great members are those with the desire to help our communities in their COVID-19 relief efforts this summer. That said, you also need to meet the following minimum qualifications by the time you begin your service.
- Must be 18 years of age or older by your start date.
- Must have at least a high school diploma or recognized equivalent by your start date.
- Must be either a citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States.
- Must pass mandatory pre-service background checks.
- Must not have served 4 or more prior terms of service with AmeriCorps State or National.
Thanks for your interest and please share!
North St. Louis County Habitat for Humanity
Direct Line 218-750-7443
Toll Free 866-749-8910