Dear Friends of The Antioch Partners (TAP),
As we move into 2015, I praise God for his faithfulness and mercy. I also praise God for you, our ministry partners, because our call to participate in God’s mission is a call that engages us all. Each one of us has a vital role to play, and no one of us can do it alone. As the angel said to the shepherds (Luke 2), the “good news of great joy” is for “all the people,” but the truth is, there are billions of people in our world today who have never heard this good news, nor have they experienced the difference it can make in their lives. The Antioch Partners (TAP) exists to serve and support those called by God to demonstrate and proclaim the good news of Jesus through long-term, cross-cultural, incarnational engagement. Thank you for being a part of this effort. Thank you for your prayer support, your financial support, your encouragement and your concern.
2014 Year-end Summary
Through the power of the Holy Spirit, TAP continues to serve a growing number of Partners (“Partners” is the term we use for missionaries) and local Presbyterian churches in the missionary-sending and support process. Fifty-three Partners have now been appointed for service through TAP and more are on the way.
When I think back over this year, we have much to be thankful for, including:
- 15% increase in Partners appointed for service
- People who have become followers of Jesus through the ministries of TAP Partners, existing churches that have been strengthened, and concrete expressions of God’s love to people around the world who have never before heard about Jesus
- New TAP Partners who have completed raising their support and have moved to their ministry locations this past year, as well as others who are preparing to leave in the coming months
- Our second annual dinner fundraising event here in Houston in October which raised $94,000 for TAP ($105,000 if you include matching funds).
- The privilege of working with congregations in the Evangelical Presbyterian Church (TAP is an approved mission agency of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church), with congregations in the Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians (ECO), as well as with many PCUSA congregations
- The privilege of jointly sponsoring (together with The Outreach Foundation and Presbyterian Frontier Fellowship) a conference for mission leaders from Presbyterian churches that drew leaders from PCUSA, ECO and EPC churches this past September
How You Can Partner With Us
As this year comes to a close, your prayer and financial support continue to be crucial for TAP, just as it is for TAP Partners, and I invite you to continue praying for TAP and all the Partners. If you have partnered financially with TAP, thank you! If you have not partnered financially with us, I invite you to prayerfully consider making a year-end contribution. If God leads you to partner financially with TAP, you can contribute by check or online. Checks should be made payable to The Antioch Partners and mailed to (note “Operating Fund” in memo line of check):
The Antioch Partners,
7132 Portland Ave S, Suite 136
Richfield, MN 55423
In order to give online, go to our website (www.theantiochpartners.org). Hover over “Giving” on the menu and select “Donate Online”. Under the “Please direct my donation to” heading, select “Operating Fund,” and then under the “Donation frequency” heading select your preferred frequency. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us.
To God be the Glory,