Annual Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon
On Thursday, June 20th we celebrated the
efforts of our incredible volunteers at our Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon. Thanks to the Needham Golf Club Charities for their support of the event.
Without our dedicated volunteers, our many programs would not be possible.
Who are they?
Over 250 volunteers (ages 13 - 97) who provide approximately 1,000 hours of service to the Council per month
What do they do?
• Set up the retail displays, assist shoppers, work the cash registers, and sort donations in the Thrift Shop
• Help customers and sort food donations in the Food Pantry
• Drive residents to medical appointments
• Provide one-on-one ESL tutoring and facilitate conversation groups
• Present Child Assault Prevention [CAP] workshops in the elementary schools
• Visit local nursing home residents with a mini-thrift shop
• Help our office with administrative and computer-based projects
• Help customers with medical equipment loans
• Organize and execute special sales and fundraisers
• Organize personal food drives
...and so much more!
Special congratulations to this year's Leslie B. Cutler Service Award winners:
Sindi Conroy, Thrift Shop & Special Events
Susan Kams, CAP Program
Sue Pike, Food Pantry
Ellen Slater, ESL Tutor