Only 4 spots left!
Join Chattahoochee Riverkeeper and AMPC
Happy Hour PADDLE Cleanup
Saturday, June 30, 2018
9 am - 3 pm
- Join us as we paddle Peachtree Creek from Atlanta Memorial Park to Standing Peachtree Park (approx. 3.5 miles), removing trash along the way.
- A great way to see Atlanta from a new viewpoint and clean our creek at the same time.
- At the end of the trip, refreshments from Sweetwater will be waiting!
Join AMPC and Trees Atlanta
for our monthly
Forest Restoration Project
Saturday, July 14, 2018
9 am - noon
Atlanta Memorial Park
(old playground area)
- Join AMPC and Trees Atlanta green t-shirt volunteer and certified tree keeper, Aaron Bose, for our monthly volunteer day in the park.
- Bring your closed-toe shoes and gloves for the work day. Trees Atlanta will provide tools.
Traffic Advisory from the Department of Watershed Management (DWM)
Road Closure on Wesley Drive NW Due to Sewer Work
- Construction is commencing this week and will last approximately six weeks.
- Traffic control measures and signs will be in place to guide motorists around the work zone.
- Residents will continue to have access to mail and package delivery, emergency services, and trash pick-up.
- Motorists are urged to use caution and to avoid the area if possible.
Read DWM's full advisory here.
Special thanks to
DWM, GDOT and PATH Foundation
at the June 7, 2018 community meeting
- Thanks to the cooperation from GDOT and savings on the Woodward Way trail, the PATH Foundation and AMPC are moving forward with their goal to provide a pedestrian underpass under the new Northside Drive bridge.
- GDOT shared that a barrier between the roadway and 5’5” sidewalk on the new Northside Drive bridge was not going to be possible while keeping the bridge on budget and on schedule. Attendees at the meeting asked GDOT to look into adding a higher curb and hand rail in lieu of a barrier but GDOT stated the hand rail would not be part of this project for the reasons of adding a false sense of security and additional maintenance. AMPC will continue discussions with GDOT on how to provide a separation between vehicles and pedestrians on the vehicular bridge.
- GDOT clarified that the sidewalk on the west side of the vehicular bridge will be connected to the future Memorial Park sidewalk.
- The pedestrian bridge construction is estimated to commence in Q1 of 2019, with the vehicular bridge construction to commence in 2020. 24/7 work has been approved during the road closure portion of the reconstruction which will bring the duration of the road closure down to 3 months (90 days).
- DWM is commencing work on several projects in the park, including the $36M Peachtree Creek Trunk Stabilization Project and the $8.6M Howell Mill and Oldfield Outfalls Project (to remove the sewer pipes crossing Peachtree Creek). To view DWM's slide presentation from June 7, 2018, click here.