PLEASE DONATE TODAY!
AMPC needs your support more than ever before to ensure we continue our work to restore, enhance, and improve the park. To donate, please click on the link below or mail a check to PO Box 11609, Atlanta, GA 30355. All funds will go towards our goal of raising $120,000 for AMPC's operations and special projects in the park. Thank you in advance for your donation!
What's been happening in the park?
In 2020, AMPC has focused its watershed, connectivity, and greenspace initiatives on:
- Completing the sidewalk project,
- Partnering with multiple entities on the upcoming installation of the multi-use path under the new Northside Drive bridge,
- Collaborating with the surrounding neighborhood leaders on the 90-day detour and the 2021 traffic light installation with crosswalks at McKinley Road/Northside Drive,
- Working closely with the Haynes Manor Recital Hall Foundation to convert the old Bobby Jones clubhouse into a recital hall and community/education space,
- Installing a Georgia Audubon certified wildlife sanctuary area and other green infrastructure projects,
- Leading volunteer days with Trees Atlanta to remove invasive plants, add over 150 native trees, and prune the existing tree canopy,
- Organizing volunteer days with the Chattahoochee Riverkeeper to remove trash and debris from Peachtree Creek, and
- Finalizing AMPC’s Wayfinding Master Plan to improve signage throughout the park.
If you have ideas or questions about the park, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to hear your ideas and suggestions! For more information, please visit our website. To make a donation, click here.
What's coming up? How can I get involved?
AMPC/Trees Atlanta Forest Restoration Project: Join us tomorrow, Saturday, November 14, 2020, from 9 am to noon on Peachtree Battle Avenue (near the bridge at Howell Mill, across from 809 Peachtree Battle Avenue). We will be removing invasive plants, primarily privet and kudzu, in advance of our native planting in December. Please wear long-sleeve shirts, long pants, and closed-toe shoes for the workday. COVID safety precautions will be followed. Only 4 spots are left! If you can join us, please register here.
AMPC/Chattahoochee Riverkeeper Peachtree Creek Clean-up Volunteer Day: Join AMPC and the Chattahoochee Riverkeeper the day after Thanksgiving (Friday, November 27, 2020) from 10 am - 1 pm to remove trash and debris from Peachtree Creek and its streambanks. COVID safety precautions will be followed. Register here to join us!