Dear Friends of ACF,
Thanks to you, we have had an amazing start to the year. Through our volunteer programs we have been making a difference and positively impacting the lives of the underprivileged in many ways already. We packed rice for delivery to the impoverished in Sham Shui Po in time for Chinese New Year celebrations. We also continued with our popular reading program for kids from low income families. Thanks to your incredible support, all of our programs were full (with some filling up in a matter of hours). For those of you who were not able to sign up for our programs because they were full, please know that we are in the process of organizing additional programming so that more of you can participate. Given current COVID restrictions, we can only open activities to smaller groups of people. Please follow us on social media (FB: @ACFoundationHK and IG: @ACFoundationHK) and visit our website (www.acfhk.org) for the latest updates on our events and programs.
In February, on behalf of the Hong Kong Community Recovery Fund, we also began distributing the HK$4 million the fund raised for Covid-19 relief efforts. Thanks to our generous donors, together we supported
- provision of free financial counselling sessions to migrant workers;
- programs on mindfulness, positive thinking and resilience for parents of children with learning disabilities.
- provision of food parcels to the needy;
- development of counselling materials for underprivileged youths;
- crisis intervention services for pregnant migrant domestic workers;
- provision of mental health services to the underprivileged;
- and many other programs in the education, training and mental health areas.
Together we truly have touched the lives of many this year! And there is much more on the way. In April and May, the ACF will continue our popular rice packing and reading to children programs. We are also adding two new programs: packing food parcels for the needy and mentoring underprivileged primary school children. We are hard at work organizing our Summer of Service activities. As always, the health and safety of the community is our top priority and all of our activities will either be conducted on Zoom or following social distancing measures.
Thank you for your continued support and I hope to meet you during one of our programs soon!
CEO, American Club Foundation