Park Projects and Volunteer Day Events
- Memorial Park Sidewalk Project: AMPC and partners met with Renew Atlanta on January 29, 2018. Permitting will begin soon with construction estimated to start 2nd quarter 2018.
- Memorial Park sewer cleaning: A new vendor for the Department of Watershed Management has returned to the site near the playground to clean the second 72" sewer pipe that runs through the open meadow. Approximately 146 tons of debris was removed from the other 72" sewer pipe at the end of last year. Once the cleaning of these two pipes is complete, the cleaning of the 90" Peachtree Creek Trunk line will commence to be followed by the relining of the 90" line to the RM Clayton Water Plant.
- Removal of sewer aerial crossings: The two sewer pipes that cross Peachtree Creek in the park will be removed with the work commencing in 2nd quarter 2018.
- PATH trail around the Bobby Jones golf course: Construction will begin on the 10-12' PATH around the golf course in February 2018 with a completion date expected in late summer 2018.
- New water fountain/spigot: The pad and seating wall are in! Final plumbing work is underway to bring clean drinking water to Atlanta Memorial Park.
- Memorial Park Tree Pruning Project: Thanks to a matching grant award from the Garden Club of Georgia, AMPC is kicking off phase I of its tree restoration efforts in the park. The trees located between the playground and Northside Drive off Wesley Drive will soon be receiving much needed tree care to enhance the safety and aesthetics of the tree canopy in this section of the park ensuring that the forest is preserved for generations to come.
- Monthly park restoration volunteer days: Be on the lookout for news about monthly park volunteer days starting in March thanks to Trees Atlanta green t-shirt volunteer and certified tree keeper, Aaron Bose, who will help AMPC lead these events.
Save the Date - Sweep the Hooch
Join the Chattahoochee Riverkeeper, AMPC and volunteers on April 7, 2018 to clean Peachtree Creek. Details for the 8th Annual Sweep the Hooch will be coming soon! Registration opens February 14, 2018.