Dear Friends of the Antioch Partners (TAP),
Blessings to you this Advent Season! As we prepare to celebrate the birth of Jesus, I want you to know that all of us with TAP are deeply grateful for each of you who are partnering with us through prayer support, financial support, or donating your time and professional skills. Truly, TAP is a community; a community of cross-cultural servants, local churches and individuals called to serve as senders, and global partners. Thanks to each of you for being a part of this community, because the work God has called us to is too big for any of us to do alone!
Year-end Summary and Goals
By God’s grace, TAP continues to serve a growing number of Partners (“Partners” is the term we use for missionaries) and local Presbyterian churches in the missionary-sending and support process. 46 Partners have now been appointed for service through TAP and more are on the way. Our goal for the end of 2014 continues to be 75 Partners appointed for service, so continue praying with us that we’ll meet this goal!
When I think back over this year, we have much to be thankful for, including:
- 21% increase in Partners appointed for service
- People who have become followers of Jesus through the ministries of TAP Partners, existing churches that have been strengthened and new churches that have been planted, and tangible expressions of God’s love to hurting people who have never before heard about Jesus
- New Partners who have completed raising their support and moved to their ministry locations from South America to the Middle East
- Our first dinner fundraising event here in Houston which raised $47,000 for TAP
- Continuing to work closely with many PCUSA churches, as well as becoming an approved mission agency of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church, and a strategic mission partner of ECO (A Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians)
- Together with The Outreach Foundation and Presbyterian Frontier Fellowship, facilitated a conference for mission leaders from Presbyterian churches that drew leaders from PCUSA, ECO and EPC churches
Serving as Senders & the Faith-based Missionary Support Model
As most of you know, TAP is committed to the faith-based missionary support model where Partners develop their own support teams. This is a faith-walking and faith-stretching experience for Partners as they invite individuals and churches to partner with them. Our commitment to this model reflects our conviction that the missionary enterprise has two dimensions: going and sending. In fact, those called to go cannot go without those called to serve as senders.
We are finding some Presbyterians are still getting accustomed to this model and I want to offer a few observations:
- It is a biblical model (e.g. Numbers 18:21-24; Luke 8:3, 10:7; 1 Cor. 16:5-6)
- It facilitates strong, effective partnerships between Partners and their support teams, and good communication (two-way) is vital in this regard
- It’s a huge help when individuals and churches commit to regular prayer and financial support (i.e. monthly, quarterly) and communicate this clearly to the Partners
- When Partners return to the US for Home Assignment, or are between ministry assignments, ongoing prayer and financial support is vital
- Many Partners serve in contexts where inflation and price increases are constant challenges, such that building in annual increases in support can be critically important
If you ever have any questions about anything related to the faith-based missionary support model, don’t hesitate to contact us.
How You Can Partner With Us
As we approach year-end, your prayer and financial support continue to be crucial for TAP, just as it is for TAP Partners, and I invite you to continue praying for TAP and all the Partners. If you have partnered financially with TAP, thank you! If you have not partnered financially with us, I invite you to prayerfully consider doing so. As a result of the continuing increase in Partners, we have increased TAP’s operating budget for this fiscal year. If God leads you to partner financially with TAP, you can contribute by check or online. Checks should be made payable to The Antioch Partners and mailed to (note “Operating Fund” in memo line of check):
The Antioch Partners,
7132 Portland Ave S, Suite 136
Richfield, MN 55423
In order to give online, go to our website (www.theantiochpartners.org
). Hover over “Giving
” on the menu and select “Donate Online
”. Under the “Please direct my donation to
” heading, select “Operating Fund
,” and then under the “Donation frequency
” heading select your preferred frequency. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Merry Christmas to you all!
Serving Christ together,
W. Andrew Adair
Executive Director, The Antioch Partners